How do I activate AGP again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopdog

Help!
How do I activate AGP again? This is part of a report from Everest Ultimate, BEFORE formating my HDD and reinstalling Windows XP SP2:

AGP Controller:
AGP Version 3.00
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Device MSI MX440-8X (MS-8935)
AGP Aperture Size 128 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 8x
Fast-Write Supported, Enabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

This is the same information AFTER the instalation:

AGP Controller:
AGP Version 3.00
AGP Status Desactivado
AGP Device MSI MX440-8X (MS-8935)
AGP Aperture Size 128 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Fast-Write Supported, Disabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Disabled

I´ve tried all options in my BIOS, and I´ve activatet everything that seems to have anything to do with AGP, but still it seems to be disabled.
How can I activate AGP again?
(And how much may this affect on my system?)

Look in the bios to see that agp is set as the primary display adapter and also that agp is enabled.Also install your motherboards
newest drivers.

Also check in the device manager and see under "System devices" There should be a fairly long list, look for an "AGP bus" I've run in to situations where, the AGP graphics card worked fine, but the AGP bus wasn't detected, and all types of software did not detect the AGP bus, but it was obviously there. If this is the case, try flashing the BIOS. Also, if it is there, check to see if there are any resource conflicts.

Regards Jase

I´ve checked the BIOS, AGP is set as primary display adapter and enabled. Under system devices I find and entry called "Controlador de Procesador SIS a AGP" (spanish version of windows), but no conflicts detected. What else can I do?

You could try flashing the bios.

Go HERE and read on how to do it.

Note: When flashing the bios you need to be patient, if not it could go wrong and you would have to purchase a new motheboard.

Regards Jase :)

Thanks for all your help, I found a newer version of AGP driver at pcchips.com, and that solved the problem, apparently the driver I had was old or corrupt.
I appreciate the quick help, again: Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back