How do i detect what audio driver i am to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello house, my system has and inbuilt audio device, but whenever i tried to play an audio, be it from a cd-rom, flash drive, my hard disk or any storage device attach to my computer, window media player keeps coming up with an error message. If its video, it plays but without sound. This problem has been occuring since i formated my system. Before i formatted my system, I could play audio, but now i when i open any music, windows report and error stating: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly." How do i know the right audio driver to install, i installed one Realtex High Definition Audio Driver, but it doesnt seem to solve the problem.

We need to know what is your computers make and model number... and possibly what your motherboards make and model number is, before we can be sure of what audio driver you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back