How do I enable sound device on Vista after I disabled it?

By corny5
Nov 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Good afternoon, I am unable to restore my Creative Audigy sound blaster to my computer after i have disabled it. The sound had stopped and I determined it to be in the volume control of speaker system. So, thinking i could somehow return to the original sound my HP Pavilion, I went to sounds and clicked on Playback and saw there was two Audigy devices. Thinking I needed to disable them to restore original sound , I did. Now I have nothing. I dont know how to restore to original and can't seem to get the Audigy back on. When I go to the box now, it says no sound devices installed and when I go to my Audigy program an error box comes up and says " devise for this application is not detetected." When I search through other areas it says the device is functioning properly and drivers are up to date.
    One other thing, I have the installation cd and when i insert it it says the OS doesn't support it.
    So I need to get the device enabled again or I need to figure out how to get the original sound back on the pc. Thanks for any help.
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

#1 Click on Start and then Control Panel.

#2 Click on the System and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the Device Manager icon and then proceed to Step 4.

#3 In the System and Maintenance window, click on the Device Manager link near the bottom of the window.

#4 look under "Sounds, video and game controllers" you should see Creative Audigy with a red X, right click it and enabled it.
  3. corny5

corny5 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Dustin,
    Found it and all is back in order.