TechSpot

How do I get my partitions back?

By maxduo
Oct 25, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A while back I partitioned my harddrive into 3 different sections, 2 for Linux and one for XP. At some point I had to reinstall Windows which, of course, removed Linux from the bootdisk. At this point though I only need this computer to be for various things in Windows XP so I formatted it last night and deleted the partitions through the Windows disk management tool beforehand. However, I still have the same space on my windows partition and when I look at disk management it shows that I have 30gb of unallocated space. How in the world do I manage to get this back with the Windows partition? I can't find any option on that tool to do it and the help system is a joke. I've tried looking around and found a few programs that say they can do it, but they require payment. Any other way I can go about this?

Thanks,
    Tyler
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. maxduo

maxduo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, fixed it with GParted.
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.