How do I get rid of 'critical systems error'()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately we`re not clairvoyant. Unless you give us details of exactly what errors you`re talking about, there`s nothing we can do to help you. As much info as you can give will help us to help you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

basically I keep getting this pop up baloon on my desktop asking me to down spyware tools because I have malware and other spy ware applications on my computer. When I click on the questoin mark sign it takes me to a virusburst webpage.

thanks for the help thus far. I'm having trouble downloading Tool 3 and 4. It's being blocked be KPF (whatever that means)

Is KPF your Firewall as in Kerio?

If so, you should have your firewall allow the tools, or temporarily disable your firewall until you have downloded them.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of lecele only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I'm having trouble turning off my system restore. There a system error that states that it encountered an error trying to enable/disable one of more drive. I tried restarting as prompted but it didn't work

Ok, if you can`t turn off system restore, skip that part and follow the rest of the instructions.

This thread is for the use of lecele only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I followed all the steps. In case I have the wrong attachment, I'll be sure to double check. This is my first try, so I hope it worked. Thanks

For some reason you have attached your HJT log as requested and a copy of the instructions in the link I gave you lol.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00CE23EF-B907-CCDF-2C53-BECE65E8EFC2} - (no file)

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00CE23EF-B907-CCDF-2C53-BECE65E8EFC2} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0A87E45F-537A-40B4-B812-E2544C21A09F} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {B9F6E8EB-A4E3-478E-88A4-D3995B5C45C8} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above entries, your HJT log is clean.

Please post an AVG Antispyware log and a fresh HJT log.

lol, I just realized my mistake after wondering why in the world sent the les file. I didn't save the avg... like I thought. here it is, thanks

before I forgot, I have to ask...after this whole process is done, which downloaded programs don't I need anymore (there were quite a few)?

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Once you`ve done that your system looks clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Edit: You can get rid of the four tools. Other than that, I suggest you keep the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back