How do i hook up 2 video cards AGP/PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running an AMD Athlon xp 1800+, 1.53GHz system with 512 ram.

my Motherboard is just a cheap azza.

My AGP videocard is Nvidia GeForce 2 mx/mx400 64mb.

and the videocard i'm trying to put in is a Geforce 4 MX 4000 PCI 64mb ddr.

when i put the pci card in my computer with the agp card i get no display on bootup, when i take out the agp card i still get no display.

Is there some setting in windows or bios that i have to change in order to get these to work or is this card just bad or not compatable with my agp card?

6800's

The only nvidia video cards that are dual are the nvidia 6800's so if you get two 6800's and a SLI chip you are in buisness....... :grinthumb hope this helps lol....:)

That should work for a multi display(multi monitor), it won't combine the card's power like sli.

compguy said:
Yes but If you get a SLI chip and 2 nvidia video cards that are compatible you can put them together http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1794 look all the way In the bottom at the picture. :grinthumb :grinthumb

sebastian :darth:

Yeah, I know about sli, but I don't think the OP is looking to combine cards, I'm guessing he just wants several displays at once(i.e. 1 agp card+ 1 pci, 2 monitors on agp and 1-2 on the pci card for 3-4 monitors.)
:grinthumb

If the PCI card doesn't show anything when it is alone in the system is a bad sign. Try using on another computer to make sure it works. If it does work, setting a multi-monitor system shouldn't be more complicated then what is explained HERE.

vnf4ultra said:
Yeah, I know about sli, but I don't think the OP is looking to combine cards, I'm guessing he just wants several displays at once(i.e. 1 agp card+ 1 pci, 2 monitors on agp and 1-2 on the pci card for 3-4 monitors.)
:grinthumb

Thank's for posting again but my friend has 2 nvidia 6800's with the SLI card and he is not running dual monitors all I'am trying 2 say is that If you get a SLI chip and a good compatible video card then u have even better graphics than having one video card. :bounce: :bounce:

''LOL'' Sebastian :wave: :wave: :wave:

Judging by his setup and initial question I could pretty easily tell he is not asking about SLI at all. Definitely sounds like a multi-mon setup question here and I think you should follow Didou's advice. Of course if you throw 10X more money at it he'd have more graphical capabilities, but that isn't answering the question he asked.

compguy said:
Thank's for posting again but my friend has 2 nvidia 6800's with the SLI card and he is not running dual monitors all I'am trying 2 say is that If you get a SLI chip and a good compatible video card then u have even better graphics than having one video card. :bounce: :bounce:

''LOL'' Sebastian :wave: :wave: :wave:

An sli "chip?" For sli, you need a sli compatible motherboard, 2 sli compatilble(and identical) graphics cards like 6600gt, 6800, 6800gt, 6800ultra, and a sli bridge connector to connect the cards. It isn't like I can go out and buy a "sli chip" and another graphics card and bam, I have sli, that just isn't how it works. Sli increases peformance about 70-80% over one card from what I've seen.

I Like Your Help, Too

I'm trying betwin software (www.thincomputinginc.com. It allows to use 1 CPU for 2-4 diferent users at the same time. First I need to put 2 Video cards and configurate 2 monitors in Windows. The first one is Nvidia Geforce Fx5200 256 MB AGP 8x. The second one is Nvidia Mx4000 64 MB PCI. The problem is those video cards don't work at the same time, why..?. (I tryied PCI and AGP in BIOS)

In the same case, I retire the AGP card and activate PCI in BIOS, then PCI video card, and Onboard video card (Intel 865 GBF) work fine.

Is there any way for use an AGP an PCI video cards at the same time..?
Regards,
Roberto Guallichico

Are you using the first slot after the AGP when you have both AGP and PCI cards in? If so, try using another PCI slot. The AGP and first PCI often share the same resources, thus making it impossible to use both for graphics at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back