How do i link my computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all Right...

I have 2 computers, they are both connected to a 5 prot switch which is connected to a modem. The computers are connected to the switch by the big telephone wire thing...to the slot that came with the computer ethernet 10/100.
the internet works well on both computers.

My question is how do i link both of them together so i am able to send stuff quickly back and forth?

Thanks in advance,
Penne Fien

What Windows version are you running?? Search the forums for guides to do this, it has been a very heavily covered topic

I did try searching for it using the search but I couldn't find a thread about it...i guess everyone eles understands :eek: But anyways, im running xp home sp2 on one of them and xp pro sp1 on the other one.

try search for home networking
easy way go to microsoft.com find you OS look there for help with config of home network pretty quick you will be there

you could try www.homenethelp.com they have a pretty good tutorial on setting up a home network. Also go to microsoft.com and search for fp_tshoot.doc, its a guide to setting up and troubleshooting file and printer sharing in WinXP

My friend, that big phone plug on the back of your pc isnt a phone plug at all. That is a LAN plug for access to a hub with other pc's. You dont plug this into a modem and I dont undertsand how its working myself. To share files from pc to pc do it simple. Use hyperterminal. It is probably already in both pc's. If it isnt, download it from Hilgrave for free. Google hyperterminal to find out how hyperterminal works cept do it without the phone line com1 to com1. Presto....transfer away. Have fun and ahve a good day

i AM RUNNING XP HOME ON THE MAIN COMPUTER ATTACHED TO THE LYNKSYS ROUTER AND i HAVE A LYNKSYS WIRELESS CARD ON THE COMPUTER RUNNING 2000 PRO IN THE OTHER ROOM. I AM NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS WITH PRINTING OR CONNECTING TO INTERNET ON EITHER COMPUTER OVER A DSL MODEM CONNECTION. I WAS TOLD TO USE wep ENCRYPTION FOR SECURITY OVER WIRELESS CONNECTIONS. THE LYNKSYS INSTRUCTIONS WERE PRETTY EASY TO FOLLOW AND MY SON LOVES THE SETUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back