How do I make my website adjust to the users resolution size using GoLive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindy

My website is listed at www.roxentertainment.com When viewed at my resolution it looks fine but when I go over to my husbands computer it's bigger than it should be. Is there a way to set it to fit everyones browser who looks at it?

yes just use the percent for table /cell or body size
<body size="75%">
CSS code is better you don't have to edit all the pages one at a time
do search for css edit or fix
there's about 4 good websites free tut's

PS:
dreamweaver is way better than golive
your theo page flash is great

Also remember that this behavior is BY DESIGN. Low resolution means things get big, high resolution means things get small. That's usually WHY people change their resolution, so things are smaller and give them more space, or bigger and lets them read it easier.

Percentages are all fine and dandy, but instead of your site looking the "same", only bigger and smaller, it's going to get totally funked on low and high res. Like completely squished on small, and super-stretched on higher res.

The general idea is plan your page for 1024x768, it's the most common res.

Note if you play with percents, you have to use them for EVERYTHING. It wouldn't make sense to have a 50% width cell and then static 16px font. The font won't change but the cell will. You'd have to set 50% cell and us 'em' or % for fonts as well. Maybe. It's a tricky situation.

I personaly don't like sites with percentages because all the content changes when you resize your browser around. You know? Like suddenly some text which was 4 lines is now 8 lines when shrunk, and then 2 lines when maximized. I like content that stays put, even like techspot here. How much of a pain would it be if the site shrunk and grew when you resized your browser?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back