How Do I Open My TV Card Recordings in Adobe Premiere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryArchieGus

How can I open the programs that I have captured onto my TV Card software to Adobe Premiere to edit them? None of the files seem to be showing up. I am also have a problem bringing Windows Media/Audio Files, Movie Files, etc into the progarm.

Thanks

in the open dialog, select 'all files' under the 'file type' and make sure youre in the correct folder. you may be trying to open files whos format is not supported by your software.

OK, I know the files don't work between the TV Card Software and Premiere. I need to know what I convert the files to so that I can open them in Premiere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Premiere 6.5

what expensions are excepted by adobe (what you need) and what extensions do the files have (that need to be changed)?

OK, here's the problem - I can't save the AVI or DVD files outside of my TV card panel board. When I try to save it reads 'Media Type' in the 'save as' dialog box. I have no choices in this box only 'Media Type'.

(ps Is the software for other TV cards as horribly confusing and as inefficient as MERCURY?)

zephead said:
what expensions are excepted by adobe (what you need) and what extensions do the files have (that need to be changed)?
more specifically:
what file types are you creating when you save?
what file types do you wish to use for playback?
what programs do you wish to open said files with?

your extensions (file types) are the (usually) 3 digits (xxx below)
filename.xxx

you've got to answer the questions, or else no one here will be able to or want to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back