How Do I reinstall from a factory image

Kaorichan2009

I want to use the back up and restore windows 7 on my windows 10 for good reason, but do I need a factory restore or do I need a literal back up from another windows 7

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-upgrade-refugee-first/

Read section 4 carefully but if you are past the 31 day roll back deadline I'd think again. Windows 10 is a big improvement on what's gone before.
Windows 10 was the default OS, didn't have 7 on it before. I want to drop 10 since there are issues with the video card and the operating system. And probably hope that 7 also doesn't have issues. Though I wonder why I was shipped a computer that didn't have a driver that was compatible with 10. Vista all over again is right, they're shipping computers with incompatible drivers!

There is an option to back-up and restore (Windows 7).

I have a restore image of 7 on a USB but it will only accept backups from a network?

Yes I can see your point but things aren't that bad. The worst upgrade I did was from W98 to XP. The desktop had to have a new sound card and loads of expensive software wouldn't work. I'd just bought a CD burning program that wouldn't run with XP and there was no patch or upgrade available. Nevertheless XP was light years ahead of W98.

Nowadays hardware is much cheaper and in the case of W10 Microsoft have done a pretty good job with backwards compatibility. If I was in your position I'd just replace the graphics card. In my experience the things are about the least reliable component in a desktop. My desktop has a MSI GeForce N210 which cost me a shade under £20. It runs fine in Windows 10 and when I bought it I was still on Windows 7.

If downgrading the OS goes wrong you may wish that you'd just replaced the GPU and stuck with W10.

You will need to install a fresh copy of win7. If win 10 was the default OS. That came with the computer.

I've re read the posts and it's not at all clear what is going on. You bought a computer, presumably new, with a fresh install of Windows 10. You are saying that the computer is fitted with a graphics card that isn't compatible with Windows 10. That sounds most unlikely and if it were true you should be taking this up with the vendor to get a refund or exchange. Once you start messing around with the computer you will be on very weak ground. Unless you really know what you are about this is going to end badly. Installing Windows 7 is a leap in the dark as you may still have issues. You will be required to pay for a Windows 7 licence key before validating the install.

Yes you will. When it says you can back up to Win 7. It is referring to backup files from Win7.

Maybe a video can help you understand my card issues? I mean I can't describe it well enough for anyone to actually understand from the looks of things.

vy6CqAi.png

Maybe this'll help?

This might too. X: Ignore the green. Guess it processed poorly.

Will reverting to 7 actually FIX the problem or am I stuck unable to play certain games?

Reverting to Win 7 will not fix your graphics card. From what you have posted. The game does not yet support this card.

I doubt the card is too old or new. It just this certain card is not supported. If this is a laptop then it would be your graphics chip is not supported.

So I just have to wait it out a while then? Kind of silly that Valve or AMD hasn't made it compatible. TF2, to me, is a common game people play...

Can I play this rated it as being able to play it via the specs.

2NwH0RR.png

I posted this once before... annnd the report from Can You RUN it:
qokDz3V.png

HJSILTZ.png

So not TF2 gaming? Cause it looks like it should work.

That's a good sign my i5 is more powerful than this thing. I was hoping for a better processor but got shot in the foot and can't return it.

But my i5 is 1.5 GB vram but 2.5GHz per core

Last edited:
You were referring to a graphics card which implied you had a desktop computer in which you could swap the card very easily. In fact you have a laptop with a graphics chip permanently soldered to the motherboard. Some expensive gaming laptops offer the possibility to upgrade the chip but clearly you are stuck with what you have and in this case that would probably not help. As the game doesn't run properly all you can do is look for help from gamers who may have some tricks or patches to get it to run. Most of us have come across such problems from time to time. I have quite a few games that don't work at all and some that I managed to find workarounds for. It can take a lot of persistence to get a result.

Follow Bazz2004 advice. As far as games go. The graphic chip you have is not the top of the line. More and likely,Not able to be replaced. Due to this is a laptop.

Back