How Do I Replace Files C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2621440_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd6

I used Windows Repair from Tweaking.com. I performed a pre-scan and got the following message:
Scanning Windows Packages Files.
¦ Started at (5/24/2016 9:55:33 PM)
¦
¦ These Files Are Missing: (Total: 2)
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2621440_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.5.cat
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2621440_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.5.mum
¦
2 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
¦ The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.
¦
¦ THESE FILES DO NOT KEEP THE REPAIRS FROM WORKING; YOU MAY STILL RUN THE REPAIRS IN THE PROGRAM.
¦
¦ If you need help in replacing these files, post on the Forums at Tweaking.com for help.
¦
¦ Files Checked & Verified: 5,041
¦
¦ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(5/24/2016 10:05:01 PM).
How do I replace the 2 missing files?
Thank you.

You haven't said which copy of Windows you are running but if you are still on W7 I suggest downloading the free Microsoft media creation tool and letting it handle your free upgrade to Windows 10. Fixing missing missing Windows files can be a lengthy process.

I am running Windows 7. I had a system 32 virus that caused a lot of problems. I still have problems after the virus was removed. I can't get Microsoft updates and it messed up my internet connection on the network connection. I keep getting messages about bluetooth is not enabled and about the cord isn't connected. In both cases that isn't true. I have made multiple attempts to upgrade to Windows 10 and they have failed. I think that is because there are still missing files that the virus caused.

The most straightforward option is to reinstall Windows 7. Don't waste any more time trying to fix it. Hopefully you have an installation disk and your validation key for Windows 7.

Unfortunately it came pre-installed on an Asus all in one computer that I bought from QVC in 2010. It didn't come with a disk. Is the validation key within the registration information in the computer?

Back