TechSpot

How do I save a DVD to my PC?

By joshuamays
Mar 7, 2010
  1. i own alot of movies and was wanting to save them to my computer instead of having to watch them by disk. what do i need to do to make possible? i downloaded a couple of legit burning/ripping programs off the net. As well i want to specify that i have puchased these movies and am merely wanting to save the info to my computer.

I downloaded a free trial of 1Click DVD Copy and DVDFab 6. But ive only been able to figure out how to copy from dvd to dvd. I specifically to copy from dvd to pc. So how exactly would i decrypt the disk and save to pc?

I am running Win 7 (64 bit). thx

2. Jessica108

Jessica108 Banned

I assume you want to copy a movie to your computer hard drive. Actually, this is pretty easy. Insert a DVD into your computer CD drive and use the appropriate software to make a copy. Many movie compatible media players will allow you do to this.
    If you want some free links for DVD copying software, see what’s on offer at downloads.com
    Joyfax

3. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

dvd clone/anydvd from slysoft can decrypt
    any iso making utility can make a disk image
    slysoft also has virtual drive software (free) where you can mount the iso file

4. joshuamays

joshuamays TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 149

k thx ill look into it

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

If you can find it from a source that you trust, dvddecrypter is still very good and works on most movies.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.