TechSpot

How do I use a headphone and speakers simultaneously?

By brains89
Oct 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to play music through the speakers and still be able to listen to my headphone; is this possible? Basically, I want to be like my own private DJ. I would like to use the headphone to listen to one song while another different song is playing through the speakers.

I know that someone already asked this and was told that they need two different sound cards, but i do and just dont know how to make it work. I have the sound card that was installed into my laptop and then i have one that bought u-control uca202.
    When I try making the output the laptop speakers and the headphone monitor the u-control it just overlaps.

2. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Maniac Posts: 518

Buy a Y adapter from radio shack, you put that in the hole,, and it has two holes mini jack put your gear in those holes hehe ,, simple very simple! It costs around 3 bucks or 4 bucks or so.. gl

3. brains89

brains89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

that well just play the same song it wouldnt change anything I want to be able to play one song on my speakers and then play a different one in my headphones

4. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,003   +11

set the program to use different soundcards.

5. brains89

brains89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i try that too the sound just overlaps

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.