How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem?

Lokalaskurar

The title says it all. Hopefully placed in the correct thread :p

"Out in the bush", the connection to the world wide web is very slim. Thus using a smartphone as a modem is the only option available for me at this time.

Thus I want to connect to the WWW using a Nokia 5230.

Details:
The PC is a laptop (Toshiba Satellite C650D), and the smartphone is a Nokia 5230. The OS is a (legitimate) Windows 7 Home (P.) 64-bit.

On the Nokia website, it says that the phone can act as a modem using the USB-cable, just like using the bluetooth-to-modem function on the iPhone. But I've not successfully tracked down any instructions on how to do so :(

Solution:
I need a step-by-step instruction describing how to connect to WWW using the phone described above. The instructions does absolutely not need to be beginners-grade, I'm accustomed to computers but not with phone-to-modem solutions. I think I might need some drivers aswell...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

The instructions are in the Cell Phone User's Guide and will be specific to the make/model.

But the concept is simple enough:
  1. connect the cellphone to the PC with the USB cable
  2. you should first make sure you can access the phone from the PC,
    by using something like a contack sync program.
    The Nokia 5230 should support the Nokia PC Suite which is downloadable for free.
  3. then on the cellphone, you Make A Connection

Really reminds me to keep the manual next time :eek:

Still, this worked perfectly on one of two laptops, but not on the other one. This presumably due to reasons not concerning the Nokia software or hardware configurations. The other laptop (non-working) has undergone a severe virus-cleansing, thus many Windows-programs does not work, including the program needed for the Nokia PC Suite.

Title question: Answered.

Still the real problem remains...

Thanks anyway! :p

Back