How do u clear something from USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyiiyyii

How do u clear something from USB port?

The first time i put something in a USB port i get a found new hard message, after that i dont get that message. How can i reset it so i get the message again

More information please - what OS are you using ? Why do you want a message every time, and don't you think that would drive anyone else crazy?

One way to get your OS to install different drivers (my guess as to what you are really concerned about), is to remove the driver Windows installed when it recognised your hardware in the first place. Another is to go into control panel / system and remove the device yourself, then it will be recognised again (just the once!) when you re-insert it. Another way is to use the 'add new hardware' button in control panel and force the OS to look for what you have inserted. Then there is - again in control panel / system - look at the properties of the device you inserted and tell the OS you want to update the drivers, or look for a better driver than the one in use. Oh, this is boring........cheer me up by describing some new, weird or crazy reason for what you are asking :D

This used to happen, but an overwhelming number of Windows XP users insisted that it be changed, so that only a new detection appeared on the screen. This happened back with Service Pack 1 and were even more firmed up in Service Pack 2.
See http://tweakhound.com/xp/defserv.htm
You can change these settings, by device, with a registry edit, and learn more about them doing a Gurgle search for Windows XP Device Detection, Shell Hardware Detection, and other similar searches. The explanation is much too long, and risk of errort to great, to post here.
You might consider using TweakNow and other such services which have long explanations.
Most of the default settings can be adjusted with a registry edit... just be sure to backup your registry until you get it right.

I have windows XP SP2 and the first time u plug in the MagicJack it gives u a registration screen, after that it does not. So i want the registration screen to up up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back