How do you sync folders in Win7?

FroggerStyle

I have an entertainment budget and I make it a hobby of mine to go around to our local used cd stores and pawnshops every week or two to see if they have any new cd's I like. now's the time folks! to get those cd's at a good price before they go the way of the vinyl records! anyway...sometimes I will find a band I like and take it home and rip it / (and I store the original!) and I seem to generate clutter wherever I go...I have 4 or 5 music folders going. Is there an easy way to sync these folders together? so I only have one folder with all my rips in it?
tyvm in advance

Merging many to one is different than SYNC - - I think of sync as getting a duplicate set of files from a system to a portable device, eg iPhone, iPad, iPod - -

So; can you be more specific please; you'll get a better answer :)

Ok, I will attempt to explain....I have a folder called RippedMusic.....when I get to it...average about 2 or 3 weeks...I will copy this folder to an external 500 gb drive for backup....I also will sometimes rip music on another computer and if I do that I call the folder RippedMusic2 , 3 etc...if I made a backup folder called RippedMusicBackupTurkeyDay....and I have folder called RippedMusic...RippedMusic2 etc some with duplicate entries! ...how do I make sure that I get everything I got into the backup folder with no duplicates...??:p

When you configure, there's a tab per source folder --> Target Folder (perhaps on a mapped drive)
Click on a source tab and you will see arrows source<( )=======( )>target
If left as-is, then it syncs both ways (likely not what you want when merging many sources to one target)
So mouse-over the ==== portion and you will see (*) on both ends. CLICK on the (*) nearest the target folder,
and that will ensure a one-way copy and ignore files in the target not in the source (ie the merge).

Click the Analyze to see how it will perform and you can inhibit any specific FOLDER or file.
The X will cause that item to be deleted ON BOTH SIDES.

Back