How do you take a screen shot on a VM running Windows?

Jskid

Host:Mac OS X
Guest:Windows XP

how can I take a screen shot in XP? The keyboard doesn't have a print screen button?

built in on screen keyboard

Windows XP comes with a built in on screen keyboard. Basically a graphic of a keyboard comes up and acts like your keyboard, you can use your mouse to hunt and peck around. What uses does this have and what did I use it for? Well, it's good for people with disabilities, where it would be easier to use a mouse than trying to type or it's great to use when your keyboard goes loco on you. Yes, we've all had our keyboard go nuts. Here is how you launch it:

- Click "Start" button
- Click on "RUN"
- Enter\type "OSK" (without quotes)

The keyboard comes on

You can also create a shortcut to the "On-Screen Keyboard", because if your keyboard should go out on you, it would be handy to have it. All you do to create the shortcut is to:

- Right click on the desktop
- Click the new shortcut button
- Enter\type OSK, click next twice, and there you have it.

i cant post a link but see if you can search google for Windows XP Accessibility Tutorials

You sure you don't want the host to take the screenshot?

Would be rather odd to take a screenshot within a guest OS, unless you plan on moving them via shared folders onto the host.

@brainzion that's smart, good thinking
@Leeky how's the odd? I want to take a screen shot of a problem and e-mail it.
@captaincranky I'll give that program a try because it would be useful to take pictures of only the relevant area, not the whole screen

Back