How does Firefox Sync work?

learninmypc

Can somebody explain in easy to understand terms just how firefox sync works? Since SeaMonkey is related to firefox, will it include those passwords/bookmarks too? Thanks.

Did you try the FF Help menu to search for it?

With the current state of Search (aka google) and Open products like Mozilla, Help or Google will typically result in a good result
and certainly produce results MUCH faster than posting to any bulletin board.

btw: see this link

This looks to explain Firefox Sync in pretty easy to understand terms. However, I don't think it will work with SeaMonkey. I looks like it is only compatible with Firefox.

Looks like Jo and I pointed you in the same direction :p. I would give that a shot!

Before I posted this, I went to Tools>Options>Sync & started filling it out, but stopped because I figured I'd probably get better help in here since I didn't know anything about it.
I'll check out the link(s) provided & return if I need further help, thank you.

Frankly, I've never used ANY sync product, so I too needed to use Google to find some info.
I figure with a 5MB ISP link, I can find stuff quite readily - - but highly recommend that prior to posting to a site,
that Google be tried - - you just never know what you may stumble into :grin: (y)

I agree jobeard with using google, but I'd still prefer input from the board, I just feel safer.
I don't feel like having my bookmarks n stuff in a "cloud" if thats correct so thanks for the input, maybe someday I will.

Sync is great. I didn't think it would work. But courtesy Firefox, my bookmarks, saved passwords were synced after installing WIndows 8

Back