TechSpot

How does the product rating system work

By ikesmasher
Nov 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just clicked on a phenom II x4 965 black edition, and some thing under the con tab were "hasent caught up to a core i7" and "lacks the performance of high end intel parts."

I find these incredibly stupid to have listed under an $80 processor..do individual users post them or is it a reviewer?

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

I assume you're talking about the chip's Product Finder page. The score and pros/cons are aggregated from other tech site reviews (you'll see a list at the bottom of the page). It may seem unfair to compare the chip with Intel's Core i7 series today, but when those reviews were written, the 965 was priced around $250.

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,949   +381

And how much did the i7 cost?
    I guess that makes more sense...but seriously how much did the i7 cost at that time...

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,572   +340

5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,949   +381

Ah ok, I never expected it would have costed that much in the first place. But thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.