TechSpot

How good is my PC? Gaming good, I mean

By datbon
Sep 28, 2009
  1. So here are the spec of my pc.. hope its a very good gaming one.. bought it 1 year ago so please consider the time factor too :)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz each processor (I dont know if it is overclocked)

4GB DDR2 Ram

500GB Hard Disk (dunno the rpm)

nVidea GeForce 9500GT with 1GB dedicated memory

Asrock motherboard

750W (dunno brand exactly :/) PSU

OS-Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate 64- bit

Could I ask something...any program so that I can know detailed specs of my pc to post exactly?

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

What you posted is quite sufficient though brand for the psu is always important as is the rpm of your harddrive. If you didn't overclock your cpu then it isn't overclocked.

The only "weak" spot in your set up as I see it is your video card. You could do a lot better. Your cpu is at the lower end as well but it is a very solid one as well as popular. Keep in mind that todays games are very GPU demanding (video card) and not as much CPU.

You have 4 gigs of RAM with Vista 64 which is good.

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,378   +127

Well enough to play any game, just watch your settings. Yes the graphics card is a bit weak.

4. vdcastrate

vdcastrate TS Rookie

upgrade your graphics card

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.