How I flashed my Android Samsung Galaxy S I9000

vangrat

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS LEAVE NOW OR FOREVER BRICK YOUR PHONE!

My Phone Started as:
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Virgin SIM, Optus Branded (Australia)

Used Odin3 v1.3.exe
PIT: s1_odin_20100512.pit
PDA: CODE_I9000XWJM8.tar.md5
PHONE: MODEM_I9000XXJM4.tar.md5
rest is blank
CHECK THE PARTITION BOX
at root screen load factory settings (yes this will wipe your phone)

after boot up do the following

Use Odin3 v1.3.exe
PIT: s1_odin_20100803.pit
PDA: JPM_JPM_U_JPM.tar
(If you have a NextG/3G Phone use PDA: JP2_JP2_JP1
Yes this will work for a Telstra phone, yes I have tested it, yes everything else in these instructions is the same.)
Rest is blank
UNCHECK THE PARTITION BOX

let phone do its thing...

you now have Froyo (aka Android 2.2)

Remember to update you SMSC and APN as these may not carry over.

Happy Androiding.

Who was feeling brave?!? :haha:

Not sure I'd ever have the balls to force a firmware update knowing if it bricks I'm not warranted on such an expensive phone!

Mines running Froyo anyway. Kudos man! :D

I am not going to joke, it took me five tries, 4 different sets firmware, and 6 hours to figure out the right combination or pit, modem, and pda firmwares. At hour 3 I thought I had royally bricked my phone, until I realised that I could still get to the Download screen. Just flashed a previous firmware and all was good (god I was sweatin).

After getting the firmware on, I had to find the proper APN and SMSC settings for my carrier too, that took another 30 minutes by itself.

This was a test in patience, fortitude, and the ability to not break down and cry (lol).

However, now that I have done it, I feel supremely confident of being able to do it again if need be. Basically, I have done everything the wrong way now...so all that is left is the right way XD.

Back