How is this new computer for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroXerxes

I just ordered this computer from cyber power, I was wondering if someone could tell me if this computer would be really good for play MMORPG'S at a fast rate.

Also, I didn't order an OS with it, as I don't know what to choose. I was thinking xp pro, but not too sure. I have vista home basic 32 on my laptop..I really don't like it personally. Any opinions on what to install on this computer would really help me, thank you.

CAS: ($10 off Mail-in Rebate) Raidmax Sagitta II Mid-Tower 420W Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window (Black Color)
CS_FAN: Extra 3-Color Neon Light LED Case Fan [+5] (1 x Fan)
CPU: AMD Phenom™ X4 9550 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: NONE
CABLE: None
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FA_HDD: None
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
FLOPPY: NONE
HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
MOTHERBOARD: MSI K9A2 CF-F AMD 790X CrossFire Chipset DDR2/1066 Dual 16X PCIE SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: NONE
TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
TVRC: None
UPS: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 3870 PCI-E x16 512MB Video Card (Sapphire Powered by ATI

If you could tell me anything I did wrong, and what i need, please do so. Thanks a ton.

Thank you guys for your answers.

Also, Acclamator, what do you mean? I all ready ordered this computer so is it bad that I am using the PSU with the case? What is wrong with it do I need a higher wattage PSU?

Generally, obscure or no name brand PSUs that come with cases are of poor quality and have a lower amperage output compared to higher quality PSUs of the same wattage rating. So "Standard Case Power Supply" sounds like this kind of generic PSU.

Since you've already ordered it, check it out when it arrives and if it is as I described above, consider replacing it but it's up to you. Of course, the better time to ask for opinions on your new PC would be before you ordered it but it is what it is. :) I'm sure you'll have fun with it. Enjoy!

Edit: I let my reply sit on my screen too long before submitting. Beaten to the punch again.

I'd second the PSU as being crappy. It's a Raidmax case, so there will most likely be a garbage Raidmax PSU in it. Also, avoid the OCZ PSU, since it does not provide enough power for your system. Get this instead. It's very cheap right now and provides ample, clean power for your system, besides being very efficient and saving you some cash on your electricity bill.

I'm not sure what your saying there, but IF I'm not mistaken, you are acting like 2 rails are better, and its not. Like he said, it provides enough power for his system. It IS energy efficient, so he doesn't have a power hungry PSU.

To be honest, before YOU make suggestions, YOU should do homework.

What do you guys think about the PSU I posted though?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817152028

I appreciate all of your opinion's/expertise.

I also wanted to know if it matters that the PSU I posted supports ATI crossfire, as I have that in my system. I don't know if that matters at all or what, so if someone could tell me it would be awesome.

Also, is it hard installing a new PSU?

Well, I do plan on getting another card in the future, unless I found out that the one card I have is enough to play games efficiently.

Maybe it would save me money in the long run just to buy a 700w PSU now, instead of buying a 500, then a 700+. Meh, too many things to think about.

Hopefully the ATI Radeon HD 3870 is good enough and I wouldn't need another one for a while.

Again, thanks for everyone's help, I will look consider buying that antec. (Good reviews, and cheap)

Raidmax power supplies have a poor reputation for quality and reliability. Perhaps their new high spec power supplies are better. I don't know. I think people would buy them primarily on the basis of cost which is not a good idea when it comes to power supplies. That said, you don't have to get the most expensive either.

Besides watts and amps, another thing I look for in a power supply is if the PSU has the all connectors I need. For example, although you can use adapters, if the card I have requires both a 6 pin PCI-E and 8 pin PCI-E connectors, I prefer to see those connectors supplied natively by the PSU. It's not mandatory but if possible, I want it. Actually, I think you are already aware of this kind of thing because you mentioned Crossfire compatibility. You're already looking ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back