How many ways to close Opera Portable?

learninmypc

Yes, exactly what the title says. How many ways is there to close Opera Portable? I left click the "X" to close it, but next time I go to open it, I get this Opera Portable.JPG
Should I click File & go down & left click Exit or what? Maybe Opera/Opera portable is not for me.:confused:

It more or less did not shut its self down the right way. Just click ok. If it continues to do this . Just download another copy. You could have got a bad download the first time.

Thank you. I do click OK, but it happens too many times. Not to mention the addons not loading everytime. I'll try it again , but if it continues, I'm leaving it alone for good.:(

Opera had occasional closing issues in the past but they're supposed to be solved in the latest version 12.02. So make sure that's the one you're using.

There can also be some interaction between installed and portable Opera, especially during auto-update, if you have both. I once had such interaction and decided to remove the portable version, staying with the installed one only, which is my main browser.

If you still encounter problem closing it, you can use the Task Manager.

As for add-ons, I already expressed the view elsewhere that they're neither necessary nor desirable, but this is my personal view and policy.

Opera had occasional closing issues in the past but they're supposed to be solved in the latest version 12.02. So make sure that's the one you're using.

There can also be some interaction between installed and portable Opera, especially during auto-update, if you have both. I once had such interaction and decided to remove the portable version, staying with the installed one only, which is my main browser.

If you still encounter problem closing it, you can use the Task Manager.

As for add-ons, I already expressed the view elsewhere that they're neither necessary nor desirable, but this is my personal view and policy.
Originally I had the regular Opera browser but evidently I didn't have the patience for it so I removed it.
I later went for the Portable version hoping it might be better. Then I started getting that pop up shown above & maybe I intrepreted it incorrectly, because I couldn't & still can't figure out how many ways to close it .
I don't understand how addons can be unnecessary on Opera? Does Opera portable have a built in WOT & Adblocker? If so, how do I enable them?
I know I had the latest version because I always check for updates.:)

Opera portable with & without adblock.
Operanoaddons.jpg

OperawithAdblock.jpg

Attachments

• Opera no addons.JPG
    Opera no addons.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Opera with Adblock.JPG
    Opera with Adblock.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 0
Yes, Opera comes with built-in adblocking, including smart pop-up blocking turned on by default. It also blocks some dangerous sites, and this would normally be supplemented by further such blocking by your antivirus. But in the end it depends how much blocking you want. It also seems to me that your Opera behaves differently, hence probably your problems with it.

Yes, Opera comes with built-in adblocking. It also blocks some dangerous sites, and this would normally be supplemented by further such blocking by your antivirus. But in the end it depends how much blocking you want. It also seems to me that your Opera behaves differently, hence probably your problems with it.
Ok, I was having problems posting the screenshots as you were posting which is why I have 4 pictures posted. The one showing the Charter schools is with out adblock for Opera installed.
I installed adblock for Opera & it disappeared.
Perhaps I'll go find my Opera tutorial & do some reading, first.

Does that opera tutorial cover the Portable version also?

I'm sure the Portable one still loads up a urlfilter.ini. Again I will recommend getting a urlfilter.ini for adblocking (and perhaps a css with it) rather than using an add-on.

I'm sure the Portable one still loads up a urlfilter.ini. Again I will recommend getting a urlfilter.ini for adblocking (and perhaps a css with it) rather than using an add-on.
I've bookmarked that link so will check it out. Right now I'm using the adblock addon for Opera & its working great. Thanks.:)

My apologies. I forgot to mention I've contacted Opera thru their website. They've replied confirming receipt of my request & I replied with the screenshot above in post #1. Will reply in here if/when they reply.:)

UN related to the prior problem so I didn't know if I should start a new thread or not but I found out there was a new version of Opera via file hippo so I went to my Opera portable, clicked Help>Check for updates & it started to update. It then said something like restart to finish so I did such. It crashed,I submitted a crash report & re tried & it crashed again. I tried updating it via the portable apps program & it told me all portable apps are updated. So, do I wait & hope portable Opera updates on its own or ???

Yes, exactly what the title says. How many ways is there to close Opera Portable? I left click the "X" to close it, but next time I go to open it, I get this View attachment 74424
Should I click File & go down & left click Exit or what? Maybe Opera/Opera portable is not for me.:confused:
Ok, I still haven't heard back from Opera, but I did a google search & although it wasn't for the same version, it said to Click Tools>Clear Private data leaving pre selected options as is. So far it has worked, still keeping my fingers crossed & hoping for the best.(y)

Back