How much do telecoms charge for mobile phone wiretapping?

By Shawn Knight
Apr 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The American Civil Liberties Union recently released a wealth of information obtained from over 200 police departments across the country. The data shows a history of tracking mobile phones and…

Read the whole story
  2. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

?We do not sell your information to anyone for any reason. Period.?

Yes, and unlimited means unlimited. Right?
  3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

poor drug dealers :(
  4. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

So basically they can listen in on any conversation they choose w/o a warrant? That smacks of secret police tactics. How dare they invade our privacy w/o due cause. That not only goes to show how our police forces can bypass the constitution just by paying money to the cellphone providers, but how with a few dollars they can bypass the constitution. The cellphone providers should be ashamed of their actions.
  5. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

QFT. +1

What makes you think that police only target drug dealers in these warrantless wiretaps? From my understanding of this, it appears anyone can be a target, and due process under the law no longer means diddly. Thank the ever so intrusive patriot act for that.
  6. Your constitution was bought at Thrift store for 1.75!
  7. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

@wendi I know its a bum deal but I really have nothing to hide so when it comes down to it I say meh. The only thing I know to do is to stay informed and vote. Yeah the patriot act was slipped by while america was paralyzed by 911.

I try to throw a little humor at things I can't control.
  8. in the grand scheme of things, Isn't that my Tax dollars paying for all that wire tapping?