How much fps should I hit in CSS and TF2 with the following specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosebleedXD

kk, so i currently have the following specs:

9800gtx+
pentium d 2.66ghz, oc'd to 3.12ghz
4gb ram

In CSS i hit around 50-99fps,or possibly lower

and TF2, i get from once again 50-99, or possibly lower

just wondering should i be getting more out of this or its my cpu problem

everyone says its crap but i agree but i will be upgrading to q6600 when i get my asus p5q pro fixed

my first thought is the processor. its not all that great and its being punished. i wouldn't look for anymore than that without an upgrade. btw love the p5q

im running at 1024x728 resolution [something like that]

and i tried using the folllowing fps config, but no luck

// Casey's Config v2 (CAL compliant)
// Updated for new season by CAL|Stone
// Updated 01/23/07 - Added misc settings section
//_Set Netcode vars_
cl_cmdrate "101"
cl_interp "0.01"
cl_interpolate "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0" // Disables lagcompensation error checking, only needed if you're having any registration/loss/choke problems.
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_updaterate "101"
rate "25000"
//_Set MP vars_
mp_decals "0" // How many player sprays will be shown.
//_Set Client vars_
cl_drawmonitors "0" // Disables the rendering of ingame "monitors" which contain 3d rendered images.
cl_ejectbrass "0" // Disables brass ejection
cl_forcepreload "1" // Forces the game to load all texture and model information into memory on map load.
cl_phys_props_enable "1" // Enables phsyics props.
cl_phys_props_max "50" // Maximum amount of physics props allowed.
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable "0" // Disables ragdoll.
cl_restrict_server_commands "0" // Compatible/needed with serverplugins
cl_show_splashes "0" // Disables water splashes.
//_Set Render vars_
r_3dsky "0" // Disables the rendering of 3d sky boxes.
r_decal_cullsize "9999" // Any decals under this size are not rendered.
r_decals "0" // Disables decals.
r_drawbatchdecals "1" // Enables the rendering of decals in batch.
r_drawdetailprops "1" // Enables the rendering of detail props.
r_drawflecks "0" // Disables the sparks and dirt from bullet impacts.
r_drawmodeldecals "0" // Models decals (i.e. blood).
r_eyes "0" // Disables eyes in models.
r_lod "-1" // Different level of details on models. -1 = Variable at distance. 0 = None. 1 = Minor. 2 = Less minor.
r_modellodscale "1.0" // The transitioning power of LOD.
r_occlusion "0" // Enables the Model Occlusion system.
r_propsmaxdist "100" // Max distance at which props are rendered.
r_renderoverlayfragment "0"
r_rootlod "2" // Base lod of the model in the memory.
r_shadowmaxrendered "32" // Max shadows the game will render.
r_shadowrendertotexture "1" // Rendered the shadow texture causing it to match the player model.
r_shadows "1" // Enables shadows (Change be disabled for additional performance.)
r_teeth "0" // Disables teeth in models.
r_waterdrawreflection "0" // Disables the rendering of water reflections.
r_waterforceexpensive "0" // Forces cheap water.
gl_clear "0" // Disables the gl_clear convariable.
props_break_max_pieces "0" // Disables prop fragmenting
//_Set Materials vars_
mat_antialias "0" // Disables the use of multisampling to smooth out edges.
mat_bumpmap "0" // Disables bump mapping.
mat_clipz "0" // Disables optimized Z-Buffer rendering.%%2
mat_compressedtextures "1" // Disables texture compression. Users with low amounts of system memory should turn this on.
mat_disable_bloom "1" // Disables bloom effects.
mat_hdr_enabled "0" // Disable2 HDR.
mat_hdr_level "0" // Double Disables HDR.
mat_mipmaptextures "1" // Enables the use of mipmapping to make textures look smooth.
mat_monitorgamma "1.6" // Lower the number the brighter the screen. Only works in fullscreen.
mat_picmip "2" // Changes the resolutions of textures when they're loaded into memory. May improve FPS on graphics cards with low memory sizes.
mat_reducefillrate "1" // Reduces the fillrate when the game is run in DXLevel 8.
mat_specular "0" // Disables Specularity on objects.
mat_trilinear "0" // Disables the use of Trilinear mipmapping.
mat_wateroverlaysize "8" // Sets the resolution of water distortion. Must be multiple of 8.
//_Set Violence vars_
violence_ablood "1"
violence_agibs "1"
violence_hblood "1"
violence_hgibs "1"
//_Set HUD vars_
hud_centerid "1" // Centers player IDs
net_graph "3" // Enables net_graph (Required in SS round)
net_graphpos "2" // Adjusts netgraph position-set between 1 and 3.
//_Set Misc settings_
cl_downloadfilter "nosounds" // Disables annoying pub sound downloads
fps_max "101" // Caps framerate. Set to max monitor refresh rate + 1.
jpeg_quality "100" // High quality screenshots
clear
echo _Casey's Config v2 (CAL compliant) loaded_

Casey's cfg v2 i think is mainly for people with FPS issues.

In CSS, i generally maintain almost 100fps with a 9600gt and a core 2 duo 2.4ghz

I use high settings 1920 x 1200 resolution, and 16x CSAA
I also use Kaizen's CFG which is almost the same however, some details are excluded and FPS is slightly higher.

I do not think your getting the most out of your card based on my own performance.

What's your driver version? What settings do you have in your nVidia Control Panel for 3D Quality?

so is my problem that my cpu isn't keeping up with my gfx?

because what is this bs
https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/win...-42643-Increasing-Performance-FPS-in-CSS.html

this guy has a pentium 4 and a 6800gt and hes getting better fps than me

... pentium d ftl

Really, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. >_>

So, I don't see what the big deal is. The human eye cannot detect a difference until the frames hit lower than ~ 50-60 I suppose. Because I honestly cannot tell that it's choppy until it gets to 20-

So, I don't see what the big deal is. The human eye cannot detect a difference until the frames hit lower than ~ 50-60 I suppose. Because I honestly cannot tell that it's choppy until it gets to 20-

Contrally, most people notice the difference from 30 to 60, many notice the difference from 60 to 100, fewer still recognize the difference between 100 to 150 on CRT monitor, i don't know if you can tell the difference on an LCD.

trust me, you can notice it, mine somtimes drops to 40 too, depending on the situation

so is my problem truly my cpu? but im buying a new one anyway, just like to clarify

and about the thread posted above, how is someone with 6800gt and p4 able to hit 130 fps?

and about the thread posted above, how is someone with 6800gt and p4 able to hit 130 fps?

His graphical settings are almost definatly lower than yours or mine.

and what is aa? and are you talking about my nvidia control panel?
I don't know how the nVidia control panel settings affect performance aside from the performance vs power saving settings, and no I am talking about in game settings, see attached sceenshot.

Turning Anti Aliasing off should boost your FPS, unless its already off.

Attachments

• Turn of AA in CSS - January 21, 2009.JPG
    Turn of AA in CSS - January 21, 2009.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
umm its already off by default, holy, how'd you get up to 1900x1200 >_<

alright ima try the lowest resolution setting

Well than i assume theres something wrong with your hardware, probably your CPU.

mine does fine on those settings, even with AA, thats with a core 2 duo and a 9600gt

core 2 duo =[

i have the lowest end pentium D so thats possibly why

i tried 640x400 or w.e resolution and im getting about closer range of 60-110fps

when before i got low 40s to 70 and sometimes 100

i guess ill wait for a new cpu

I really don't think it's your CPU. I've gotten better frames in source with an AMD Athlon 3500+ and a 6600GT using 1280x1024 resolution, 2x AA and 8x AF. Was between 70-140 FPS on Dust2.

I just ran the "Video Stress Text". Max settings, 1920x1200 Resolution, 16xQ CSAA, 16x AF with results at 186.94 FPS.

I just ran the "Video Stress Text". Max settings, 1920x1200 Resolution, 16xQ CSAA, 16x AF with results at 186.94 FPS.

I'm missing the point on this post. I thought this thread was about a guy who has trouble or what he "thinks" is trouble with his fps. Not who has the biggest and best settings.

supersmashbrada, he stated in his last post, he said he was getting betterp performance out of an Athlon 3500+ and 6600gt. He proceeded to 'prove' (not really prove, no screenshot) that the authors problem is probably somewhere in the software, and not his Specs, because his specs are 'better' than ElShotte's.

I think it is probably a mixture of his CPU being weak AND software. My grandmother's computer is runnig an AMD dual core, among the lowest class, too, and with an integrated x1200 I get 20-60, and play on those settings.

Is there any skipping or stuttering in gameplay, or is it just a lower fps?

Dr. Vader, I understand why he'd want this fixed. If you had a '69 camaro with a 454 in it, and it was running 13 second 8th mile times, wouldn't you want that fixed? It gets the job DONE, just not properly.

alright thanks guys

kk i just reformatted my computer, running the game at lowest resolution

tried the script i posted earlier

now i hit 70-150 fps =] pretty sick, i guess ill just wait till i get my new cpu

btw you guys know any settings for tf2 to increase fps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back