How Small Do They Make Hard Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadFonez

I was thinking of getting like 2 other HDDs other then the one i will use to build my PC.

One would be for recording Videos and other would be to run the games. I wouldn't really need that much space for the videos or maybe the games. :p So yea?

Does multiple hard drives require more PSU Watts?

Why would you get 2 if you don't need much space? Your computer will use more power the more you get but its pretty minimal in the big picture, somewhere around 10W per drive.

I wouldn't bother trying to look for small drives unless you are going to get them used, which I wouldn't really recommend. The smaller you go, generally the more you'll pay per GB. I'd recommend checking out Newegg's prices for drives and buying the biggest you can afford.

Aside from that, the WD 500gb and 640 gb are very good for their price, both sit at a little over $50 which is about as cheap as you can get. Spending $50 on a 40 gb makes no sense when you can buy a 500gb for a few dollars more.

I might just get 2 one for when playing games and other for recording those games. If I use 2 different HDDs, It boosts frame rates :3 while recording.

I would say not enough to make a difference. If I were you I would save that extra $50+ and buy a better graphics card...I think that would increase framerates more.

If you are recording hd then it does make sense to have another physical drive, but you mentioned small drives in your first post, and small and HD don't really go together. If you have a mpeg2 stream of hd video it can get to 10+ gigs in an hour..

Can you be more specific on what you will be doing with it and your budget? There are a lot of people here that run all different kinds of setups for a variety of purposes (including just for fun or just because they can) so chances are someone can give you good advice on how to proceed best with what you want.

Camtasia 5 probably, I might need to get a new one or Upgrade to Camtasia 6, I will have to look up if it can do HD videos, when I used to record with it, it was a lot more crisp then Fraps.

My goal is to record MW2 in HD (If I can record MW2 in HD, then I can record most games in HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back