TechSpot

How to access the new YouTube homepage now

By Shawn Knight
Nov 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. YouTube is currently testing a new layout for their landing page that is rolling out in stages. If you are impatient and want to try it for yourself now, you…

Read the whole story

2. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 962   +205

I'm not sure why you've left out IE(9).
    It works in IE9 too... just hit F12 for the developer tools, and click on the web console tab, and then type in the info above.

3. Maybe because IE is crap ;)

4. Because the website they grabbed their info from didn't mention it either.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Well they left out Opera too. So I followed the links in the articles to trace back to the original source, nobody on the way to the source had how to do it in Opera either. So I figured it out myself.

To make it happen in Opera. Go to Opera Menu -> Settings -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cookies -> Manage Cookies. Then go down to Youtube.com and hit the pulldown menu. Select VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and hit Edit... then change the value to ST1Ti53r4fU then you are done. Close out of the preferences windows and go to youtube.com

6. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,904   +952

So I guess everyone just figures it out on their own all at the same time?

7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

I don't like the new layout it. My subscription videos are in a single column in the center of my screen, and they aren't even grouped together. I think i liked the layout before last the best. At least that one grouped your sub vids in rows and columns.

8. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 708   +168

That's google for you, fix it until it's broken

9. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Guru Posts: 451   +37

I'm digging the new look.

10. yorro

yorro TS Booster Posts: 251

Love at first site(or sight).