TechSpot

How to add icon to system tray.

By AMG
Sep 3, 2004
  1. Want to add a network connection short cut to the task tray for XP home. Is it possible, how? Thanks.

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I'm not sure if you are referring to an icon showing you are connected to the network? But you can do that by going to Contro Panel, then Network COnnections, then right click on your Local Area Connection, and at the bottom of the general tab there is a tick box for "Show icon in notification area when connected" That will put it in your system tray.
    If this isn't what you were wanting ask back and we'll get it straightened out.

3. AMG

AMG TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Go to control panel double click network connections. in the dialogue box that appears right click the icon select prperties and check the box which says show icon in notifacation area when connected. That should do it. Regards Howard:grinthumb

5. AMG

Thanks, but I already have that displayed.

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

I think you`ll find that is your local area connection icon. If you mean the actual icon as decribed earlier then I`m afraid I don`t know if that`s possible. Regards Howard:grinthumb

7. AMG

Yeah, thats what I was pointing to in my pic, thank for trying

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.