How to boost my fps

Well i play wow and i have like 30-40 fps my system :
intel core 2duo E8500 3.16 Ghz
4 GB RAM
Ati radeon 5770 (1GB)
64-bit Win7
I really think that with this system i can have my video settings a bit high and still enjoy .. but that doesnt happening anyone know any tips or tricks or something that i can do to boost my fps .. ??

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-directx-11-performance,2793.html

As it turns out, Cataclysm incorporates experimental support for DirectX 11, and rather than adding anything visually, it's designed to help speed up performance, too.

Of course, if you want to take advantage of DirectX 11, you'll need a DX11-capable card from AMD's Radeon HD 5000/6000 lineup or Nvidia's GeForce GTx 400 series. You can't enable DX11 through a graphical option. Rather, you'll need to add '-d3d11' to your World of Warcraft shortcut. Or, open your config.wtf file (located in ...\World of Warcraft\WTF\) and add the line SET gxApi "d3d11".

I would think that your CPU has to be the bottleneck. The 5770 should be able to max out WoW without a hiccup even at high resolutions.

Where are you experiencing the lower frame rates? In Stormwind? In 25 man raids?
Just flying about looking at the scenery?

Ok i am a retard guys problem fixed vertical sync was on :p and now that i turned it off 110-120 fps all time :p thnx for imidiate help...

No worries Darkmage happens to a lot of gamers :) , had issues like that myself usually with vertical sync turning itself on after updates =X.

Back