How to build sata raid with win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you help me to build sata raid with win xp

hello! to everyone!
I want to buid SATA raid with 1TB cdapacity that can be use for my video editing syatem, could this be possible?
Can you please teach me step by step on how to build a SATA raid with win xp OS?
thanks a lot

help me build a sata raid!!!!

:) i have a velocityQ editing....and i want to have a larger video and audio storage for it in a less expensive way...so if I can build a raid drive(IDE or SATA drive) that will be compatible with my system it will benefit us very much...by the way I am a missionary worker, working in a religious tv program(limited in funds, we only wait for sponsors) so can you please help us build raid step by step....God Bless you!

bushwhacker said:
we dont see your system specs.
We cant answer your question unless we see your system specs.

Lucan

Last week I built a new system, much needed update; ASUS P5WD2 Premium, pentium D 830, 1Gb Kingston paired, Cheap($35) ASUS vid card 128M-16 on board, Cooler Master copper heatsink w/pipes, Antec case and 450W supply.

Now for the drive(s), I'm using my old Seagate 160 SCSI through an Adaptec 2940uw controller. I know I need to go SATA so see any real improvement for my hard earned money. 1 160G drive = $65, 2 80G drives = $100. The price differnece is minimal,

my question is; is the speed difference that great when setting up RAID-0, or for my set-up should I not worry about the hassle?

second question; is setting up a RAID that difficult(running XP MCE 2005)?

third question; what are the expected bandwidths with typical RAID setups?

Finally, this is my first day and first post in this forum, so please excuse my etiquette.

Thanks -Joe

Edit; I will be using SATA-2 drives, thanks

Though I can clearly see that no one is listening, just thought I'd put another question out there to prove a point to some people in other forums....

Can I make 2 partitions on the 2 drives of my future RAID-0 setup. One with a smaller stripe size for the OS and other programs, and the second partitions with a larger stripe size to quickly handle large(4.5Gb) movie files?

Sparky Joe said:
Though I can clearly see that no one is listening, just thought I'd put another question out there to prove a point to some people in other forums....

Can I make 2 partitions on the 2 drives of my future RAID-0 setup. One with a smaller stripe size for the OS and other programs, and the second partitions with a larger stripe size to quickly handle large(4.5Gb) movie files?

Thanks for all the replies everybody, you all really are a wealth of information, don't know what I would do without the help I've found on this forum :suspiciou

My 2 160G Seagate drives are in the mail, will be sure to let you all know exactly how well the installation went for me, since you all care so much.

Thanks again (a$$holes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back