How to check for programs consuming to much bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I have 3 computers at home all connected to a router, lately the internet has been spiking and pings have been hoping fron 70-400 at almost any given time. I called my isp and he said that everything looks fine and that it is most likely a virus or one of the types of programs that download music, which it isn't that because I do not have a music program that is active. I have tried sysmetrix but it does not say anything is being used. Is there any other possible errors?

be aware that some programs, even when not in use,have spyware on them to run services that allow communication back to vender.
I know that media player even when it is closed will still try and connect to MS
most of the newer softwares out there do a licinse check
in background
if you can afford it ,after you make sure you have no trojuns on machine,get a good firewall like outpost or sygate,<--this ones free for now.
using these tools I have found some interesting communication going on

Well, Windows has at least netstat for checking networking activity.

Open command prompt and type netstat -bn to see a quick list of applications with network connections. Exclude the n parameter to see the IP addresses in human-readable form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back