How to clone Windows 7 to used Intel X25-V SSD

nichitapavel

So, I have an used intel x25-V ssd, previously with windows 7 64bit, I want to clone windows 7 32 bit on it, I researched on internet and the software mostly recommended is acronis true image but it's not free, a free one will be better, also since my ssd is used, it has 2 "partition" on it, the "system reserved" and the other one, does someone know if this matter on cloning? or should I unite the 2 partitions together, if so, partition wizard 6.0 is it good enough?

Anticipated thanks for everyone!

I recommend DriveImage XML, it's free and I just used it to clone Windows 7 from one hdd to another. Very easy to use.

BUT in my case I had no "System reserved" partition, and I have to warn you that I still haven't figured out how to fix the boot sector on the new hdd. I guess you could create two partitions on the new hdd, one "system reserved" (I think it is about 100MB) and one with the rest.
You can always try again if your clone won't boot, remember you're cloning your hdd, not moving the files.

EASUS Disk Copy should clone the entire disk

@lopdog: Have you tried Easy BCD? I've often found it good/helpful at fixing boot info

/* edit */
re: EasyBCD. Ooops! :eek: just occurred to me. I'm thinking of multi-boot environments wrt using EasyBCD. If you can't boot into any partition on the disk after the clone, EasyBCD wouldn't help

Man, I totally forgot about EasyBCD, I used it a few years ago, and it was really easy to use.
It says it can repair windows 7 bootloader, I'll give it a try. I am able to boot with the original hdd, but when I remove it I can't boot.

I just wanted to let you know that EasyBCD solved all my boot problems, it took me 5 minutes to make the new hdd bootable and remove the old one. Thanks, LookingAround, and good luck, Nichitapavel.

ok, I already cloned my drive, I used Easeus Todo Backup and also Intel Data Migration Software, I used Intel solution to erase my ssd, this procces also took care of the System reserved partition, also you can use Intel software to clone, but it seems that is not supporting cloning by partition, for cloning I used Easeus, everything works now, it hangs up a little on windows logo when booting, but everything else is working, thanks for the help!!!

Back