TechSpot

how to control other users

By animemanga
Nov 23, 2006
  1. hi
    unfortunetly i didn't find much help from my previous thread asking about how to regain a lost user's profile and how to control other user. meaning that your password can't be changed by anyone other than you.

i've lost my hope in regaining my damage profile. so i would kindly ask for advices on how to make me and admin user that can control other admin users.(like i can change their passwords, i can delete other profile. but no one could touch my profile without my password)

thanx in advince.

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 757

You can't all admins have full access to everyone's account.

Use an encrypting program, I do, to block others from folders and drives I do not want them accessing

3. animemanga

animemanga TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 98

so there's no way of becoming the complete boss?

4. smore9648

Not unless you are in a networked envoirment

5. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 267

Dont mind me asking but what "encrypting" software do you use. I am looking for a piece of software that can able me to put passwords on my desired folders, any ideas???

chrs

6. smore9648

I use truecrypt

7. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 510

Just some thoughts on multiple admin accounts:
    There should really only be one admin account, only used to install software and to do maintainence or make system changes as needed. All other accounts should be limited permissions only. You will typicaly have a longer lasting install this way. The various permission levels are there for your benefit, use them wisely. When I think about all the multiple millions of people running in admin mode online it makes me wonder how any of them keep from ending up being used for ddos and the like.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.