how to control other users

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

hi
unfortunetly i didn't find much help from my previous thread asking about how to regain a lost user's profile and how to control other user. meaning that your password can't be changed by anyone other than you.

i've lost my hope in regaining my damage profile. so i would kindly ask for advices on how to make me and admin user that can control other admin users.(like i can change their passwords, i can delete other profile. but no one could touch my profile without my password)

thanx in advince.

You can't all admins have full access to everyone's account.

Use an encrypting program, I do, to block others from folders and drives I do not want them accessing

Dont mind me asking but what "encrypting" software do you use. I am looking for a piece of software that can able me to put passwords on my desired folders, any ideas???

chrs

Just some thoughts on multiple admin accounts:
There should really only be one admin account, only used to install software and to do maintainence or make system changes as needed. All other accounts should be limited permissions only. You will typicaly have a longer lasting install this way. The various permission levels are there for your benefit, use them wisely. When I think about all the multiple millions of people running in admin mode online it makes me wonder how any of them keep from ending up being used for ddos and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back