How to controll cpu fan speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refwhett

I have ASUS P5P800SE mobo and a pentium D 3.0Ghz cpu with the original fan. The motherboard is suppose to automatically adjust the cpu fan speed to prevent overheating and yet my cpu is running very hot without a hint of the fan even thinking about increasing RPMs. It stays at around 2000rpm no matter what the cpu temp is.
Am I missing something here? I don't mind the noise of the fan if it goes faster, I just want to know that the temp stay within reason.

Can annybody help?

well I have an Asus board if your bios is anthing similar to mine you need to make sure Q fan is turned on in your bios. Also try speedfan to see if you can change it

Idle around 50C with any activity it will go up to 60C fast.
I will check the bios tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice so far.

Q-fan was enabled but the target temp was set tp 65C!!! I took it down to 53 which was the lowest availabe option. I'll see how that works out.
Thank you.

I had a similar problem with my celeron a few years ago!I wanted to increase the speed of my fan too....but i found out that my heatsink was so filthy!So..after cleaning it....CPU temp. lowered dramaticaly!Being a lazy bastard i just vacuum cleaned it from time to time and never had those problems.
It`s just a thought....is ur heatsink infiltrated with dust??????

Similar problem. I purchaced my PC with a Pentium D 2.8 GHz, and I recently upgraded to a Pentium D 3.4 GHz however had to keep the fan from the 2.8 due to mounting hardware limitations from the fan that came with the 3.4. My fan runs at 50c idle, but during game play, the fan goes from idle speed to 100% in a split second, the returnes to idle in another second... Its strange, because my first CPU never did this. New pc, no dust, os operating on normal power options. Is there a way to increase the speed? Im running Vista 32 by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back