How to deal with cookies, temp file in Windows 7?

Hello Everyone,
I'm troubling with cookies, temp and browser history file. Actually I'm naive user for windows 7 operating system and I don't have an idea how to deal with these file?
Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Generally speaking, you do not need to do anything with cookies, temp files or browser history, all those are created and automatically maintained by your internet browser.

Maybe you should get a simple book on Windows 7, or teach yourself. For example, If you open Internet Explorer (the default browser for Win 7) you can click the 'tools' menu entry. (I'm not quite sure what version of IE you may be using, so menu options may differ) but in the list should be 'delete browsing history' which will simply remove the recent website addresses you have visited. Another menu option is Internet Options, which opens a panel and the first tab 'general' has a checkbox 'delete browsing history on exit' which does what it says it does - every time IE closes. Also try clicking the 'delete' button, which leads to another way to delete temp files, cookies and history any time you want to.

BUT, all those things are more useful to keep than you obviously understand right now. Just leave them to look after themselves.

At least once / month use the CLEANMGR from the same login you use to surf the Internet.
It will offer to delete files of various types (eg temp files) and you can enable/disable each 'type' with the [x] checkbox.
This list includes:
  • Downloaded Program Files
  • Temp Internet files
  • Recycle bin
  • Setup log files
  • Temp files
  • Catalog files for the Indexer

Some browsers have a setting to [ ] Allow third party cookies.
99% of the time these are not necessary so why store them?
I did find that sites that integrate Facebook logins with site specific blogs rely upon them.

To run this in background at low priority
start->run_cmd
enter start /low cleanmgr

Hello Friend

Cookies and temp file is file which is junks for our system.

For deleting Temporary file ..

1. Exit Internet Explorer.
2. Exit any instances of Windows Explorer.
3. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
4. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
5. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box.
6. Click OK two times.

For deleting cookies of browser

1. Open Internet Explorer and click on the "Tools" menu.

2. In the "Tools" menu, click on "Internet Options".

3. The Internet Options pop-up window appears.

4. Under the General Tab select the "Delete Cookies" button.

5. Delete cookies by clicking "OK".

Optional:

* Select the "Delete Files" button to clear the Internet cache. Make sure to check the box to "Delete all offline content".

* Delete temporary Internet file history data by selecting "Clear History

Try CCleaner, its a free tool, which can easily wash out cookies, and other temporary files. I have been using it for the last 3 years with good results.

Try CCleaner, its a free tool, which can easily wash out cookies, and other temporary files. I have been using it for the last 3 years with good results.

As this guy says.. CCleaner is a simple, easy to use program that'll do the job for you, and quickly.

I do not suggest using the Registry Cleaner though. I have not had any personal issues with it when I use it, but registry cleaners have been known to cause issues if they delete the wrong thing.

As this guy says.. CCleaner is a simple, easy to use program that'll do the job for you, and quickly.

I do not suggest using the Registry Cleaner though. I have not had any personal issues with it when I use it, but registry cleaners have been known to cause issues if they delete the wrong thing.

Yes, you are right. I have also heard that registry cleaners are risky to use, specially the cleaners which don't create backup before cleaning.

CCleaner is good, it creates a backup. But if it screws something up that stops you from booting windows and you do not know how to do a manual restore then it's bad.. If you have vista or 7 though it's not so bad, you get the repair option then you can do a system restore.

Back