How To Disable IE's Automatic Image Resizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Since this was an annoyance of mine, and thought it would be for others, I just thought I'd clear up the confusion.

I get asked about this alllllllll the time :dead:

Anyway, first you got from the Tools menu to Internet Options, over to the "Advanced" tab, and then scroll down to "Multimedia," it should be towards the bottom of the window. There should be a field that says "Enable Automatic Image Resizing". Uncheck this, and you're done ;)

This is using IE6...dunno if it's different on earlier versions.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advcanced

There should be a box with "enable image resizing", just untick it.

it started from 6...
i use Netscape 7.01, you should too, you can open multiple windows (tabs) with almost no processing power, unlike IE:p

I use Mozilla 1.2.1 most of the time, palmboy...

Browsers. They're all the same.

IE has some very glaring flaws however.

their not all the same, check how IE shows my site and how any other does...
why does IE make everything stretched?

IE has some flaws but so does every other browser out there, you will not find a browser that everyone will agree is perfect.

You are always pointing out flaws in something Veh, why? Nearly everything you speak out against can be defended, nobody does it though because its pointless to argue stuff like that.

I agree SNGX, there is nothing wrong with IE that you can't fix, and it’s not like you encounter an error on every site that you visit. If everything worked perfectly all the time life would be pretty dull and boring, I like a problem (challenge if you will) every now and then however frustrating it may be! :grinthumb

Just out of curiosity, what "glaring" flaws in IE are you talking about? I use Internet Explorer exclusively and find it to be a fast, extremely reliable program. It can be made very inobtrusive, and even completely hidden on your screen(small menu icons, auto hide the taskbar in full mode). Plug-ins such as shockwave are downloaded seamlessly, without closing the browser to install. The temp. internet files are an obsolete feature, and should probably just be auto-deleted on browser closing, but this is bearable, because they're easy to delete. Also that's not exclusive to IE. What glaring problems are there? Processor usage? I opened 10 windows and looked at my processor usage. It is between 1 and 5%. Webpage compatibility? I never notice any issues here. Netscape quite often chops up images at the top of the page, or shows pages out of alignment. Further, it's uninstalled from my PC, but I still have temp files in the netscape directory that I'm unable to delete! It also wants you to use its integrated. though outdated version of AIM. I guess it displays pages more quickly, but is a 2 tenths of a second really such a big advantage for anybody? I'm not trying to bust on on other browsers- I just don't notice anything blatantly wrong with IE. I'm seriously interested in hearing what you have to say.

-Rednuke

I am fine with IE as well. I think its an excellent browser. Probably the best. It should be after all the work MS did to make it so.

Oh, and automatic image resize is very annoying, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back