TechSpot

How to embed video to discussion?

By GN48
Jan 11, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Does anyone here, even newbies, know how to embed video codes to techspot so I can use the video as a reply to one of my threads?

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

You can link to a video but we don't allow embedding.

PS: You should try to follow our guidelines and use a proper descriptive thread title instead of a generic "I need to know this"

3. GN48

GN48 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 143

sorry.....

Why not allow embedding? I can't use URL off Flickr, so I could link it to some other site. They only do embedding. So I can't use the URL because they haven't provided one.

4. Julio Franco

5. GN48

reply back.....

Yes, but that's for images only, I want videos, but they haven't provided me a URL for that video to be shown on another site. Only see option one: embedding video, there's no option 2: Link this page to another using this URL.

6. Julio Franco

Right. For a second I forgot Flickr can do more than images, but either way, embedding is not an option here :rolleyes:

7. GN48

Okay, then

Awwwwwww........ :(

Then there's no way to show a video on your forums. hmmmmm I wonder if there's another site like flickr.com but atleast has an option where I can just copy and paste the URL for vidoes here, know any?

8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,267   +92

9. GN48

What do you mean by that? Do want me to go on that site? yes, no? if yes then do what?