How to format a RAW flash drive?

sadbluescreener

Hello, i'm currently using a windows XP computer. i was trying to run Google Chrome portable with extensions from the flash drive and some folders on my flash drive suddenly became filled with folders with strange symbols as their names/ When i look at the size of these folders i that they're much bigger than my 2Gb flash drive.

When I try to format it, i get an error message saying "windows was unable to complete the format". what is happening to it? is there any way to fix it?

Simply run Partition Master

Right click on your removable drive and select delete partition, next select Format Partition, click on Apply Button (Check Mark)

Do you have any other important files on the flashdrive?

If you have, make sure to save them before reformatting, otherwise they will be pretty much lost after a potential reformat.

Have you checked the format system? You mentioned RAW in the description, but then you shouldn't be able to see a thing inside the folders, as all the data is simply pure data without a format ('raw' data).

If you're sure that it's a reformat you want, then for all means, go ahead with WinXPert's method.

A similar thing happened to me before my Flash died on me. All the folders had funny symbols in them and eventually, I was unable to access them. I think it was caused by a virus. Make sure you make a backup of the data on the drive (if its important) as soon as possible. It might die on you and become completely inaccessible. Now when I try using my flash it just says "Please insert disc" or something like that...

Back