TechSpot

How to Fully Tweak a Ti-4200 For Gaming

By Ion
Dec 25, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm really new to this forums and just discovered it now.. heh.. I'm more of a gamer type of person and very astonished on how people hit 140+FPS playing quake III. I myself would like to hit that, but I'm only getting 90+FPS. I went to 3Dspotlight website and followed all instructions on how to tweak the video card and download all drivers that I need to maximize my performance. Here is my system:
    AMD 1.3
    256 DDR
    A7N 266-C MB
    Asus Ti-4200 V9280/TD
    20 Gig WD

And I find that on this website that there is this system that they use for bench mark, which is way less than what I have, but yet hits 140+FPS. I tried every combination there is in the book to find the perfect one.

For any gamers out there that can help me, I would really appreciate it. Games I play are currently Counter-Strike and Quake III. But my goal now is to hit over 100 FPS on Quake III.

Thanks..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.