TechSpot

How to get support for Adobe tools

By juven
Feb 4, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I am a frequent user of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and Soundbooth.

I am unable to migrate completely to Ubuntu is just for this one reason - No support for Adobe tools.
    (I know Wine supports some olddddd versions of adobe, What i am talking is without using wine)

I am really amazed by the features offered in ubuntu and i want to move from windows.

Please suggest any solution for this.

Thanks for Amazing Ubuntu.
  2. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 663

You could give THIS a shot. It's a tutorial for installing PS CS2 on Ubuntu using Wine. I don't know what version of PS you have but it's worth a shot. Just give Google a try, I'm sure there'd be tutorials for the other Adobe software around somewhere, or just follow a similar process as the tutorial.

Another option is to dual boot Ubunut with Windows, that way you can use Ubuntu for whatever else you may do then boot back into a fresh, clean copy of Windows for all your Adobe needs.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.