TechSpot

How to Get Unsaved txt From Crash?! & How to Get Data You Wrote From Your Browser...

By Toast0r
Feb 11, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I can get data I wrote in a txt which was unsaved when windows restarted.
    Also is there a way I can get data I wrote from a browser? Eg. I wrote something in a forum and I want the data back. Of course the data is no longer in the forum ;p. Wouldnt it be lost in the cache or something? Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

A good idea is to keep hitting

CTRL+A then CTRL+C continually, to keep whatever you write in the clipboard.
  3. Toast0r

Toast0r TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

Hey, before it restarted it was 'copied'. But when it restarted it was no longer there to 'paste'... Is there still hope?!
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Nope if windows has restarted then the clipboard is lost.
  5. enduser

enduser TS Rookie Posts: 26

If I am typing something long, I started by saving a blank page with the save as and then keep hitting the save icon every couple of minutes in a word processor.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.