SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

heh :)

3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Hehe..where did you get this from?

4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 1,343   +6

www.mortwalker.com

I saw that cartoon in the paper about two weeks ago. The online site has about two weeks delay from the paper I think.

5. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

LOL!

The general reminds me of my old computer teacher...
    She would hit the box in hope of that fixing the (software) problem...

6. Goalie

Goalie TS Booster Posts: 616

Reminds me of the old TVs that when they started dying, a good smack on the side could temporarily bring it back into alignment.. Good memories there. :) Of course that was in the days I was stuck on an attenna, so we didn't get to try it much.

How many times has this method of repair tempted you honestly? I can say I've been just a step away quite often. Now if there were only other more devious ways of machine torture.

7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Well, I use a similar method, with less force and without the hammer, every now and then...

I've got a harddrive cooler which makes an enormous racket when it starts up, but by tapping/hitting it for a short while it settles down...

I know I should open it up and fix whatevers the problem, but I just can't be bothered to shut of my 'puter to fix it...