How to install Ubuntu 10.04 with my 2GB Flash Drive?

G

g4mer

I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop Edition with my 2GB flash drive. I have 2 partitions on my 200GB S-ATA hard drive. One is System 50GB(NTFS), other is Media 150GB(NTFS). I want to install Ubuntu on "System" 50GB partition, but i get this error: No root file system is defined. Please correct this from the partitioning menu. I need some help, i dont know what to do.

Thanks.

Thanks, but i want to format "System" partition to .ext4 and leave "Media" partition on NTFS file system because Ubuntu 10.04 can read it anyway without problems.

during the installation, click on "specify partitions manually" when you are in the partitioning menu. make it the size you want, "use as: ext4", and "mount point: /". You have swap space right?

Thanks it worked! That mount point was the problem. I choosed /home instead of /.

That's odd.

The partition in question should be your "root - /" partition.

"/home" is the Linux equivalent of the "users/Documents and Settings" file structure as used in Windows.

that's correct. he was trying to install ubuntu in a "/home" directory. he was just unaware that "/" is the root mounting point.

Back