How to link two wireless network

By anmoideen
Sep 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have wireless BT home hub with Voip which is connected to internet and placed on the ground floor. I have a lap top with windows vista which i connect to the network through wifi. I have a network printer brother mfc 7820n which is the study on first floor which i have connected to belkin f5d7632-4 wireless router so that i print wireless. so now i have two network in my house which i can connect wireless 1. BT for internet and belkin for printing. So each time i need to print i have to change network. Is there any way i can merge these two networks via wireless so that i can connect to one network for internet and printing.

P.S. Do not want to buy another hardware if possible.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,288   +281

can you run a cable between the two WiFi routers? You could then coalesce the two into one network
  3. anmoideen

anmoideen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i do not want to connect using cables as are they way apart and would look unattractive. Belkin f5d7632uk4 also acts as a access point. it has routed or bridged. i just do not know how to set it up.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.