How to monitor GPU temp while in-game

By Tranq
Jun 18, 2005
  1. Hi, I have an EPoX 5EPA+ mobo and im on an sapphire x800 pro pci-e. Anyway, I'm pretty sure my graphics card is going into the mid 70's (c) and possibly the 80s. I'd like to know if there's a way to check my GPU temp while in game without minimizing...which obviously lowers the temp immediately. I can do this with my CPU because i have EpoX's USDM which allows the small LCD number display on my motherboard to show my CPU temp so all i do is look through the side window. The USDM software doesnt have the GPU temp...neither does speedfan...only Everest shows my GPU temp and after playing BF2 Demo on full settings for about 2 hours and experiencing stuttering...i came out and it was at 50...and very slowly declining...

Thanks in advance
  2. Tranq

Tranq TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

Anything??? please...i realy need to know
  3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Just enable logging to file, and you'll be able to go read the temp at different times.

If your software doesn't support logging, just do a search and you should find plenty that supports your card and allows logging...
  4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

A good program to do what you want is Speedfan. It will log your temps as well as voltage and fan rpm.
  5. Tranq

Tranq TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

ive had speedfan...problem is speedfan doesnt detect my GPU sensor for some reason...otherwise i wouldnt be posting here :p
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.