How to open a lap-top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 8820 D which seems to over-heat within minutes, so I would like to open it to clean it, and to see if the fan is connected properly.

Problem is that it's completely stuck towards the back, even though I've taken all the 'nuts and bolts' out (I think), and it's nothing in the manual about how to open it.

Anyone get a suggestion?

Did you remove the keyboard and the battery? There are sure to be some screws under those. Often the plastic covers around buttons/speakers are removable revealing more screws.

i wouldn't mess with a laptop without proper tools and detailed instructions. the thing is that laptops contain numerous layers and parts carefully engineers and pack together, and reassembling them can often prove very difficult (and eventually quite costly, all too many times)

Gotta agree with that. Taking a lappy apart (and getting it back together with no parts left over) even with numbered instructions from an official repair manual is tricky business. Doesn't mean it can't be done though :p

I have taken the Hard Drive, the DVD drive and the battery out, but still can't find a way to open it. The front part is ok, but it's completely stuck towards the back (espescially in the corners). Maybe it can have something to do with the monitor???

Don't know how to remove the keyboard though....

I appreciate that I may be taking a risk opening it, but If I could get it open I only want to clean it, and find out if the fan is loose, nothing else....

Anyone out there who have tried to open a similar model?

do yourself a favor and take it to a shop, before you do something to it that will cost you. the odds are simply overwhelming that you'll get yourself real far up s*** creek if you mess with it.

i agree take it to a techy because if you have a warranty and you mess with the laptop you have just lost the warranty and im sure that it is connected right (the fan) or you would have probably done lost the cpu and possibly the motherboard it could be another piece of hardware causing the problem as well not just the fan something like a sound card could do the same thing. and if you dont know how to open a laptop frankly i dont think you should be messing with it. thats just me though good luck

Amilo 8820 processor is under keyboard. You should carefully pull holed plastic part upwards from hinge AFTER you open screen wide open. Plastic part should go off easy. Under that u got 3 screws that keep keyboard on place. Open them carefully and dont drop them inside computer. Gently remove keyboard from mainframe. Look out connector which comes from under keyboard. I myself took keyboard totally off with connector but i think u can remove fan without taking keyboard totally off but be carefull with connector. Fan is under the kb and has 4 screws with it. They have springs with them. open them and release fan connector from frame and u can take fan chassis off from frame. Whole think takes about 10 minutes or so and after that u should open fan and clean it and dont remember thermal paste when assembling fan back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back