TechSpot

How to reinstall Outlook Express in Windows XP?

By XYZ359
Apr 12, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Is this possible?!
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

I think you need to go into add/remove and completely remove IE first. OE is a component of IE so if you pull IE out OE should go with it.
  3. XYZ359

XYZ359 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 123

But, IE isn't a option on the Add/Remove list.

:(
  4. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

You need to put the disk in, then go to "Add/Remove, then to "Add/Remove Windows compnants" and look in the list for it. It may be a hidden selection. If it is not in the list, goto TweakXP.com and read thru the list on how to unhide installed componants. Hope this helps....
  5. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Welp, SVT was 100% correct ! (GREAT JOB SVT !)

I looked it up at MS and it is a part of the IE installation. You can download it seprate though. Here is the link to it at MS.

IE and Outlook D/L Link

Let us know if it helps !
  6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

That's pretty wierd, though all that did was remove the links to it, but not IE/OE itself.
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

If WFP wouldn't stop, you could delete %programfiles%\Outlook Express directory, start IE6 installation and choose "repair" (I'm not 100% sure if there is such an option). Any particular reason to reinstall?
  8. T-Shirt

T-Shirt Newcomer, in training Posts: 329

Yes , it is!
    The question is WHY? You don't have enough trojans/virus's on your computer?
    Just do the windows Update thing, and choose IE, it will determine what's missing and reinstall it

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.