How to reinstall Outlook Express in Windows XP?

By XYZ359
Apr 12, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Is this possible?!
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

I think you need to go into add/remove and completely remove IE first. OE is a component of IE so if you pull IE out OE should go with it.
  3. XYZ359

XYZ359 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 113

But, IE isn't a option on the Add/Remove list.

4. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,006

You need to put the disk in, then go to "Add/Remove, then to "Add/Remove Windows compnants" and look in the list for it. It may be a hidden selection. If it is not in the list, goto and read thru the list on how to unhide installed componants. Hope this helps....
  5. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,006

Welp, SVT was 100% correct ! (GREAT JOB SVT !)

I looked it up at MS and it is a part of the IE installation. You can download it seprate though. Here is the link to it at MS.

IE and Outlook D/L Link

Let us know if it helps !
  6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

That's pretty wierd, though all that did was remove the links to it, but not IE/OE itself.
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

If WFP wouldn't stop, you could delete %programfiles%\Outlook Express directory, start IE6 installation and choose "repair" (I'm not 100% sure if there is such an option). Any particular reason to reinstall?
  8. T-Shirt

T-Shirt TS Rookie Posts: 289

Yes , it is!
    The question is WHY? You don't have enough trojans/virus's on your computer?
    Just do the windows Update thing, and choose IE, it will determine what's missing and reinstall it