TechSpot

How to remove Backdoor.Win32.Senna.e

Inactive
By kimtiu
Oct 25, 2010
  1. How to deal with Backdoor.Win32.Senna.e? Kaspersky can't delete it [it said skip instead.]

I believe it also downloaded the Surabaya virus...

Here's my HJT logfile:

Anyone of help?

EDIT: BTW, I deleted the symptoms of the Surabaya virus, but since senna.e is here, I cannot be sure it was eliminated completely.

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Welcome to TechSpot. I'll help with the malware.
    First, you do not need to put any logs in quote boxes. This cuts down on the screen 'real estate' for the logs.

We do not screen with HijackThis and the version you used is outdated so you can uninstall it. I will have you run it later, but will give link for current version.

If you have the current Kaspersky log showing the 'My Birthday' Surabaya virus, you can include that log also...

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Important!
    Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.