How to remove eset nod32 file on access scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua

hi guys my question is "how to remove eset nod32 file on access scanner"
i was trying to install the latest version of kapersky..and when running setup..i have a warning to uninstall the eset nod32 file on access scanner to continue.
i search but found nothing related,last time i run eset was last year.
i'm running xp-pro-sp3.
so please let me know ...thanks

Open Internet Explorer> Tools> Manage Add-ons> look for Eset or Nod in the dialog box> highlight> Disable.

Note: the dialog box has 2 sections: add-ons currently on system and add-ons previously on system. Look in both sections. The online scanners are Active X Objects found in the Add-ons.

Give this a try- from Eset:
How do I uninstall ESET Online Scanner components from my computer?
1. After every scan an option to uninstall ESET Online Scanner with all its components is provided. It is easy, convenient and can be done directly via the graphic user interface by clicking on the corresponding checkbox and hitting the “uninstall on close” button.
OR
2 To remove ESET Online Scanner components from your computer manually, start the Add or Remove Programs (filename: APPWIZ.CPL) applet from Control Panel, select ESET Online Scanner entry and click on Remove. A reboot may be required to complete un-installation.
OR
3. Another possibility is to Run the Online Scanner Uninstaller (filename: OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe) program, located in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ directory on computers running 32-bit (x86) editions of Microsoft Windows and in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\ directory on computers running 64-bit (x64) editions of Microsoft Windows.
For #3: Right click on Start> Explore> Windows> System 32> find and click to run filename: OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe

didn't find it in system32 ..not even serching the whole pc.
what a pain is this eset nod32.

thanks Bobbye i tried but it didn't work,i ended up wiping the hard drive and having a fresh reinstall.
thanks again.

I'm sorry you felt it necessary to do that. My thought is that a reformat/reinstall should only be done when there is a serious problem and nothing else work.

By the way, I use Nod32. It has worked perfectly and kept me virus, Worm and Trojan free. It updates quietly in the background with no problem.

well actually i do a hard drive wipe out every 6 months,this time after 8 months
is nice to have a fresh reinstall.and thanks for all your help and lessons.

Bobbye,one more question,you say you use eset as your antivirus.,i used it years ago.
tell me something,does it have now an addon,plugin to block ads,banners, ?
and like i said,,i'm using now the latest version of kapersky, and it has it...but i run the free version of malwarebytes and it detected 3 trojans..lol!!! i thought i was protected.

does it have now an addon,plugin to block ads,banners, ?

I can't answer that! The reasons being: I use 'layered protection'. I don't see anything within the program to specifically block ads or banners in addition to it's AV protection.
1. I use the Firefox browser. I have two add-ons: I put links in so you can read about them.
AdBlock Plus (not available for IE)
Easy List
2. Firefox also has a pop-up blocker in the Content section.
3. I have Nod32 and expect it only to do what it's suppose to> protect against malicious system attacks by controlling file, email and Internet communication. If a threat with malicious code is detected, the Antivirus module can eliminate it by first blocking it, and then cleaning, deleting or moving it to quarantine.
4. I also have 2 spyware/adware programs
5. I have a router.

The combined effects of all of the above have kept the system clean. And a particular effect of the two ad-ons is a lot of white space on a web page where ads and banners would be! If I had to give a more specific answer for Nod32 itself, I'd say that if a pop-up or banner contained 'malicious code' then it would block it.

It sounds like you thought having Kaspersky would guarantee no malware would get on the system! Not so- layered protection is best.

yo i gt same things as u

i downloaded malwarebytes aswell

and eset and i want to install kaspersky 2010 the new one

i cant find where onlinescanner for eset nod32 is please help me my computer is not protected

From Eset Support:
# How do I uninstall the ESET Online Scanner components from my computer?

To remove the ESET Online Scanner components from your computer, start the Add or Remove Programs (filename: appwiz.cpl) applet from Control Panel, select the ESET Online Scanner entry and click Remove. A restart may be required to complete uninstallation.

Manual Uninstall: Run the Online Scanner Uninstaller (filename: OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe) program, located in the C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 directory on computers running 32-bit (x86) editions of Microsoft Windows and in the C:/WINDOWS/SYSWOW64 directory on computers running 64-bit (x64) editions of Microsoft Windows.

Using Windows explorer for the manual uninstall:Right click on Start> Explore> Windows> System 32> double-click on OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe to run. Follow any on screen prompts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back