How to remove Infostealer.Gampass

By sshohdi
Jul 24, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, my norton subscription ended few days ago, so a friend gave me internet security 2007 till i purchase a new version, i downloaded NIS 2007 (most probably it was the source of the tojan) as after i uninstalled my older one and downladed the new version and did a complete system scan, i got that there is 2 files (i guess) with the infostealer but they can not remove it. i disabled system restore and made a new scan in safe mode but wasn't able to delete the files. the tutorial i was reading said something about deleting files from the registry but i am afraid of doing that. i am not at all familiar with registry stuff. I read in this forum to attach the hijack this log file, so here it is. i am seriously thinking about reformatting but its such a tedious job. saving everything and reinstalling again. sorry for speaking a lot but i am really stressed by this . Thank you for your help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.